My Photo
70 Darby Street, Cooks Hill NSW 2300, Australia
Tuesdays - Fridays 11:00-5:00
Saturdays 10:00-3:00 Sundays 11:00-3:00
Mondays closed to sew/print/make
E:blackbirdcorner@yahoo.com.au
P:02 4929 4350

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

core - coming very soon!



Who are you & why is your range called what it is called?
Core Jewellery, and as the name suggests, I wanted Core to be about what is central and essential to me. My debut collection ‘Tribal Lore’ is based on the influence Native American design and artistry has had on my upbringing. From before I was born our family home was always filled with Navajo artifacts, and as a child I spent time travelling with my family in the U.S. amongst the Native American Indian reservations.

Where are you located?
On Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast.

How long have you been creating your lush wares?
Core Jewellery is extremely fresh, less than 3 months old, but I have been immersed in the wonderful world of handmade via my other business, Little Muse, for over 14 months now.

Do you currently have a favourite item in your range?
Yes, my Little Big Bear necklace with organic yarn chevron stitched detail. This sweet grizzly cut out was the muse that inspired my journey into jewellery design.

What motivates you to keep crafting/creating?
I do what I love, so it requires little motivation. Being an artistic person, it is a necessity to create, (like breathing).

Are you someone who generally tends to buy Handmade over mass produced? Why?
I fell into the handmade world via Etsy and Madeit a number of years ago, and always try to buy quality handmade goods over mass-produced products. Of course I am no saint, but I often wonder what is the true cost of cheaply made mass-produced products imported from overseas?

Do you have any new items in the pipe works that you'd like to hint to us about? 
Sure *wink wink*. As mentioned earlier, Core is about the essential parts of my life, so you can expect to see collections soon based on my ancestry and my love of nature.


Do you also sell online?
     on madeit: www.madeit.com.au/corejewellery
and through Facebook: www.facebook.com/corejewellery and my bigcartel store: www.corejewellery.bigcartel.com

Would you like for me to link to your store for those poor people not able to get into Blackbird?
Awww, yes please (so sweet of you).

Are you sick of answering these silly questions
No way!
xxx
We are very proud to be the first bricks and mortar stockists of CORE and, of course, we will be Newcastle's exclusive stockists.
These should be in store as of Thursday - as long as the Couriers behave!
xxx

1 comment: